Monday, February 25, 2013

Sift

So my mom and I have taken a few classes at a local cupcake shop, Sift Cupcakes. Here are a few pictures of the cupcakes. If you are ever in the area check this place out. They have some delicious cupcakes and their classes were a lot of fun. Sadly the last class we took in November was one of their last ones.

http://www.siftcupcakes.com/

The first class we took was an "Under the Sea" theme. The fondant crab is sitting on top of a cupcake dipped in brown sugar to make sand. The coral was a bit tricky because they are short classes and getting them to dry in time to take home was impossible. I loved the octopus! I thought this was adorable and very easy. The one thing with these classes is you learn new tricks. With this class we learned that cornstarch is the best way to handle fondant. For a long time before this I used powdered sugar which isn't as effective for handling sticky fondant.

The second class was a "Princess" theme. These were cute and of course they were a hit with my kids. My two girls kissed the frog!

I think my favorite was the "Thanksgiving" theme class. The instructor was the head decorator and she was amazing. My mom and I were the only ones signed up for this class. We were able to ask so many questions and learned quite a bit from her. The pie cupcake was my favorite. It had real raspberry jam inside the pie and it was delicious!

I have to say, it's hard for me to say no to a cupcake so these classes are not good for my waistline!







No comments:

Post a Comment