Sunday, February 24, 2013

Ladybug Cake

My daughter who was turning three announced she wanted a ladybug cake. So my mom and I came up with this cake. The top ladybug is made of rice crispy treats and covered in fondant. It was a hit with the kids. The colors on this one were not my favorite but it was still cute. We thought we would do red and black colors but all I could think of is people eating the cake with red and black teeth and we were not going for a pirate theme party.

Also when we went to put on the antennas that were made of gum paste they broke in half. That's why they are laying down on the ladybug. Each cake we make is a learning experience. Gum paste and fondant decorations need time to dry. It's best to let gum paste dry for at least three or more days.

Until next time....



No comments:

Post a Comment