Sunday, August 4, 2013

Cake Decorating Party!


It's been quite the busy summer so I haven't been able to post on here for a few months. We've had great vacations, gone to a beautiful wedding, thrown a baby shower and hosted a couple of birthday parties too! Things are starting to slow down now so I can catch up and blog the cakes I've made!

My daughter decided for her 7th birthday to have a cake decorating birthday party. She and her sister love sitting at the table and making their own creations whenever I'm making cakes. It was quite the baking week. We made 17 double layer 6" cakes for her and her friends to decorate. We frosted them all in plain vanilla frosting and made bags of different colored frosting for them to use to decorate. We also had bowls of different candies to use as well. It was so much fun and they all made wonderful creations! Then each of the kids took their cakes home in decorated cake boxes. Once again I couldn't have done it without my mom who helped me bake all of these cakes!

That's a lot of cake!

I made an example cake for the girls to use for inspiration.

Ready to decorate!

The birthday girl's creation! 

No comments:

Post a Comment