Sunday, August 4, 2013

Monster cake

A friend of mine asked me to make her son's first birthday cake and the theme was Monsters. After looking on Pinterest for inspiration. Yes, I love Pinterest! People are so creative and I love seeing the amazing things people come up with on Pinterest. I came up with this cake actually two cakes. One cake for a photo shoot with her son and one for the party. My friend is amazing photographer! It was a busy week! Both cakes were double layer vanilla cakes frosted with buttercream. The eyes were made from three cake pops and fondant for the outside of the eyes. The mouth was fondant as well. The first cake was a 6" for the photo shoot and the second cake was an 8". I decided to do cupcakes for the kids because who doesn't love cupcakes and at the last minute added the eyes and mouths. I think the cupcakes were my favorite! 


1st monster cake for the photo shoot

2nd monster cake and cupcakes

All the little cupcakes. Love them!

No comments:

Post a Comment